Mini Pizza Pockets are a delightful twist on classic pizza, perfect for a quick and tasty snack or lunch. These little pockets of goodness feature a golden, crispy crust filled with your favorite pizza toppings. Whether you prefer classic pepperoni and cheese or a medley of veggies, these air-fried delights are easy to make and even easier to enjoy. Plus, they're a hit with kids and adults alike, making them a versatile and satisfying treat for any occasion.
For the Pizza Pockets:
- 1 package of refrigerated pizza dough or crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings (e.g., pepperoni, diced bell peppers, sliced olives)
For the Garlic Butter Brush:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes while you prepare the pizza pockets.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness. If you're using crescent roll dough, press the seams together to create a solid sheet of dough.
- Using a round cookie cutter or a small bowl, cut out circles from the dough. You can make them as small or large as you like, but aim for a size that's easy to handle.
- Place a spoonful of pizza sauce onto the center of each dough circle, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Add a pinch of shredded mozzarella cheese and your choice of pizza toppings on top of the sauce.
- Fold the dough circle in half, creating a half-moon shape. Press the edges together to seal the pocket. You can use a fork to crimp the edges for a better seal.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, garlic powder, and dried parsley (if using).
- Lightly brush each pizza pocket with the garlic butter mixture.
- Place the pizza pockets in the preheated EaZy MealZ Non-Stick Air Fryer Crisper Basket in a single layer, making sure they don't touch each other.
- Air fry at 350°F (175°C) for 8-10 minutes or until the pizza pockets are golden brown and crispy.
- Carefully remove the pizza pockets from the air fryer, allow them to cool for a minute or two, and serve them with extra pizza sauce for dipping.
- Enjoy your homemade Mini Pizza Pockets!
These mini pizza pockets are a fun and delicious treat that both kids and adults will love. Feel free to customize them with your favorite pizza ingredients.