Experience the fiery allure of Spicy Korean Beef Bulgogi as tender slices of beef entwine with a bold marinade that harmoniously melds soy sauce, gochujang, and aromatic spices. The succulent beef, bronzed to perfection, exudes a captivating balance of heat and sweetness. Vibrant vegetables, sautéed to crisp-tender perfection, dance alongside, adding a refreshing contrast to the sizzling ensemble. Garnished with a flourish of green onions and optional chili peppers, this dish ignites the palate with its rich flavors.
- 1 pound beef sirloin or ribeye, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or mirin
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Optional: sliced red or green chili peppers for extra heat
- Optional: lettuce leaves for wrapping
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Prepare the Marinade:
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, gochujang, brown sugar, sesame oil, minced garlic, minced ginger, rice wine or mirin, and toasted sesame seeds to create the marinade.
- Marinate the Beef:
- Place the thinly sliced beef in a zip-top bag or a bowl. Pour the marinade over the beef, making sure each slice is well coated. Seal the bag or cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prepare the Veggies:
- In your DiamoTech Frying Pan, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions and julienned carrots. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes until they start to soften. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Sear the Beef:
- In the same DiamoTech Frying Pan, add the marinated beef along with the marinade. Sear the beef over high heat for about 3-4 minutes until it's cooked through and slightly caramelized. The marinade will create a flavorful glaze on the beef.
- Combine with Veggies:
- Return the sautéed onions and carrots to the DiamoTech Frying Pan with the beef. Add the sliced green onions and chili peppers (if using). Toss everything together to combine and warm the vegetables.
- Serve the Spicy Korean Beef Bulgogi over cooked white rice. Optionally, you can also serve it with lettuce leaves for wrapping and creating delicious Korean-style wraps.
- Your Spicy Korean Beef Bulgogi is ready to be enjoyed! The savory, sweet, and spicy flavors of this dish make it a fantastic and satisfying meal.
Feel free to adjust the level of spiciness by modifying the amount of gochujang and chili peppers. Enjoy the vibrant and bold flavors of Korean cuisine with this delicious beef bulgogi!