This hearty dish combines perfectly cooked ziti pasta with savory Italian sausage (or beef), rich marinara sauce, and layers of creamy cheese. As it bakes to perfection in a casserole pan, the flavors meld together, creating a dish that's both satisfying and irresistible. Whether you're feeding a hungry family or looking to impress guests, our Baked Ziti is sure to be a hit at any gathering
- 12 oz (340g) ziti pasta (or penne)
- 1 lb (450g) ground Italian sausage (or ground beef)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 oz (680g) jar of marinara sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional, adjust to taste)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil or parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease your EaZy MealZ Air Fry Oven Casserole Pan with cooking spray or a light coating of olive oil.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the ziti pasta according to the package instructions until it's al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground Italian sausage (or beef) until it's browned and cooked through. Use a spoon to break it into smaller pieces as it cooks. Remove any excess grease from the skillet.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet with the cooked sausage. Sauté for a few minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and add the dried basil, dried oregano, red pepper flakes (if using), salt, and black pepper. Let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese. Mix well to create the cheese filling.
- Add the cooked ziti pasta to the sauce in the skillet. Stir to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce.
- Transfer half of the pasta mixture to the EaZy MealZ Air Fry Oven Casserole Pan. Spread it out into an even layer.
- Spoon half of the cheese mixture over the pasta.
- Add the remaining pasta mixture over the cheese layer.
- Top with the rest of the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Cover the casserole pan with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the top is lightly golden.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh basil or parsley if desired.
Serve the baked ziti warm as a hearty and satisfying meal. It's perfect for family gatherings, potlucks, or cozy dinners at home. Enjoy!
Here's a delicious recipe for our Air Fry Apple Strudel, enjoy!