Each falafel patty boasts a symphony of flavors, from the zing of garlic to the earthy notes of cumin and coriander. As they air-fry to golden brown allure, these falafel emerge with a delightful crunch that gives way to a tender, herb-infused interior. Paired with a velvety tahini sauce, this dish invites you to explore the vibrant palette of Middle Eastern cuisine, bringing forth a delightful marriage of textures and tastes that's both delectable and satisfying.
For the Falafel:
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (canned or soaked and boiled)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or chickpea flour for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for brushing
For the Tahini Sauce:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
Prepare the Falafel Mixture:
- In a food processor, combine the cooked chickpeas, chopped parsley, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, chopped onion, flour, ground cumin, ground coriander, baking soda, salt, and pepper. Pulse until the mixture is well combined and has a coarse texture.
Shape the Falafel:
- Scoop spoonfuls of the falafel mixture and shape them into small round patties or balls, about 1.5 inches in diameter. Place the shaped falafel on a plate.
Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes.
Air Fry the Falafel:
- Lightly brush the falafel with a little olive oil to help them crisp up. Place the falafel in a single layer in the EaZy MealZ Air Fry Crisper, making sure they're not touching. Air-fry the falafel in batches if needed, for about 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until they are golden brown and crispy.
Prepare the Tahini Sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, water, minced garlic, and salt until smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding more water if needed.
- Arrange the air-fried garlic herb falafel on a serving plate. Serve them with a side of the tahini sauce for dipping.
- Indulge in the aromatic and flavorful Air-Fried Garlic Herb Falafel, crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, complemented by the creamy tahini sauce for a taste of Middle Eastern cuisine that's both wholesome and satisfying.
These falafel, air-fried to perfection with a garlic herb kick, are a delightful twist on a classic favorite, allowing you to savor the essence of the Mediterranean right from your kitchen.