Delight in the irresistible aroma of savory, tender meatballs as they sizzle to perfection in the air fryer. These BBQ-infused morsels are a harmonious blend of juicy ground meat, breadcrumbs, and aromatic spices, all lovingly coated in a sweet and smoky barbecue sauce. With a quick whirl in the air fryer, they emerge golden brown, their flavors intensified by the caramelized glaze. Perfect as an appetizer or served alongside your favorite sides, these air fryer BBQ meatballs are a crowd-pleasing comfort food, ready to satisfy your cravings in no time.
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground beef or a combination of beef and pork
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional, for extra flavor)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, breadcrumbs, milk, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper (if using), egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs and place them on a plate or tray. This recipe should make about 20-24 meatballs.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating, make the BBQ sauce. In a separate bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and smoked paprika (if using).
- Place the meatballs in the preheated EaZy MealZ XL Air Fry Crisper Basket in a single layer, making sure they aren't touching.
- Cook the meatballs in the air fryer at 375°F (190°C) for 12-15 minutes, flipping the meatballs halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- After the meatballs are cooked, remove them from the air fryer and place them in a bowl.
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the meatballs and gently toss to coat them evenly with the sauce.
- Return the sauced meatballs to the air fryer for an additional 2-3 minutes at the same temperature to caramelize and thicken the sauce.
- Once the BBQ meatballs are nicely glazed and heated through, remove them from the air fryer.
- Serve your air fryer BBQ meatballs as an appetizer, over rice, or in a sub sandwich for a delicious meal!
Feel free to adjust the cooking time and temperature based on your air fryer's settings and the size of your meatballs. Enjoy your tasty BBQ meatballs!