Get into the Halloween spirit with these Jack-O'-Lantern Stuffed Bell Peppers! A ghoulish twist on the classic, these eerie and delicious creations are bound to cast a spell on your taste buds. With their creepy carved faces and a flavorful filling, they are perfect for transforming your dinner table into a haunted feast.
- 4 large bell peppers (yellow, orange or red work best)
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil for the bell peppers
- Prepare the Bell Peppers:
- Wash and dry the bell peppers. Carefully cut off the tops and remove the seeds and membranes. Carve Jack-O'-Lantern faces on each pepper with a sharp knife, making eyes, a nose, and a spooky mouth. Be creative!
- Cook the Filling:
- In a large skillet, heat a little oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until it becomes translucent. Add the ground meat and cook until it's browned and cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
- Mix the Filling:
- In the same skillet with the cooked meat and onions, add the cooked rice, tomato sauce, shredded cheddar cheese, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together until it's well mixed.
- Stuff the Bell Peppers:
- Carefully spoon the filling mixture into each of the carved bell peppers, pressing it down gently to pack the filling.
- Air Fry the Stuffed Bell Peppers:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the stuffed bell peppers in the EaZy MealZ Air Fryer Basket, ensuring they stand upright. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry for 15-20 minutes or until the bell peppers are tender, and their skin starts to wrinkle. Cooking time may vary based on your air fryer, so keep an eye on them.
- Allow the Jack-O'-Lantern Stuffed Bell Peppers to cool slightly before serving. The carved faces will look even spookier as they soften and wrinkle during cooking. Serve over a bed of marinara sauce.
Enjoy this Halloween-themed dish with a side of spooky ambiance for a memorable and delicious meal!