Oven Fried Chicken
Craving fried chicken but don't want all the oil? How about a healthier option that doesn't require any oil? Simple and delicious oven fried chicken. The best of both worlds. Crispy on the outside, juicy, moist and delicious on the inside.
|1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs||2 tsp Paprika - divided|
|2 tbsp Salt - divided||2 tsp Ground Red Pepper - divided (optional)|
|2 Eggs||2 tbsp Ground Thyme - divided|
|1 Cup Flour||2 tbsp Ground Rosemary - divided|
|2 tbsp Garlic Powder - divided||1 1⁄2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs|
- (Optional) Brine chicken oven night with 4 cups of water and 4 tbsp salt
- Pre-heat oberdome or oberdome plus to 350°F
- Add flour to a bowl, and add half Garlic Powder, half Paprika, half Ground Red Pepper (optional), half Ground Thyme, half Rosemary and mix.
- In another bowl add 2 eggs and whisk.
- In another bowl add Panko Bread Crumbs and add half Garlic Powder, half Paprika, half Ground Red Pepper (optional), half Ground Thyme, half Rosemary and mix.
- Dredge chicken in Flour.
- Dip chicken in egg.
- Dredge chicken in Panko Bread Crumbs.
- Place Chicken Breasts directly on reversible rack and let roast for 18-20 minutes (chicken should be USDA Guidelines = 165°F before resting) or Place in EaZy MealZ - Crisper Basket (Can be used in oberdome Plus or Conventional Oven.)
- Serve and Enjoy