Delicious apple and cinnamon pastry that can be served warm or cold. Something you can enjoy year around.
|2 and 1⁄4 Cup All-Purpose Flour||3 Granny Smith Apples (Green Apples); Peeled and diced|
|1 Teaspoon of Salt||1⁄1 Cup of Granulated Sugar|
|1⁄4 Cup Unsalted Butter; Softened||1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon|
|2 Eggs (1 Egg, set aside for egg wash)||1⁄4 Cup of Water|
|1⁄4 Cup of Water|
|3 Tablespoons of Salted Butter (Softened)|
- Peel the apples and dice.
- Add diced apples to pan with sugar, cinnamon and water.
- Heat on medium, continually mixing until apples soften and liquid slightly thickens.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- In large bowl add all Dry ingredients and mix (Flour and salt)
- Add in wet ingredients and mix (Butter, Egg, and Water)
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Turn over on to floured surface and kneed for 5 minutes or until dough is fully formed.
- Separate dough into golf ball size pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll each out into disc shape pieces.
- Place about 1⁄2 a Tablespoon of filling in the middle of the disc.
- Fold disc in half, then fold edges the opposite way and seal by pressing down edges with a floured fork
- Once all are done, brush with egg wash.
- With a knife, make small slits on the top of the Empenada so steam can escape.
- Preheat oven or oberdome plus to 375°F.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Removed from oven, allow to cool and Enjoy!