A simple but delicious comforting pastry for the whole family. We enjoy making this during holidays but it's something you can make and enjoy year around.
|4 Strips of Bacon (8-12 Strips for alternative recipe)||1 Cup of Powdered/Confectioners Sugar|
|3 Cups Flour||3 Tablespoons of Warm water or Milk|
|1⁄4 Cups Sugar|
|2 and 1⁄4 Teaspoon (or 1 packet) Yeast|
|3⁄4 Cup Warm Milk (May substitute with soy, almond, or cashew milk.)|
|3 Tablespoons of Salted Butter (Softened)|
|1 Large Egg|
|3 - 4 Tablespoons of Salted Butter (Softened)|
|1 - 2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon|
|1⁄4 Cup Sugar|
- Cook 4 Strips of Bacon on stove or in the oven with a baking sheet at 350°F until crisp.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cooled, break apart, cut or use a food processor so to make small bits.
- Set aside.
- *Alternatively - You can partially cook the 8 Strips bacon and not break it apart. See Alternative Cinnamon Roll Directions
- In large bowl add all Dry ingredients and mix (Flour, Sugar, and Yeast)
- Add in wet ingredients and mix (Butter, Warm Milk, and Egg)
- Knead dough and form a ball, Place in lighting greased bowl and let sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove and place on to a lightly flour dusted surface. Roll in 16x8 inch rectangle.
- Once rolled out, spread the Softened Butter on the surface.
- Dust the whole surface with Cinnamon and Sugar.
- Roll up the dough lengthwise as tight as the dough allows.
- Cut in to even slices (We did about 2 inch slices)
- Place in lightly grease a baking dish.
- Cover with towel or plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for about 60 - 90 minutes to rise.
- Preheat oven or oberdome plus to 375°F.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- *Alternatively - After spreading the butter, sugar, and cinnamon lay the partially cooked bacon lengthwise. (This will also be your cutting guide once rolled up.)
- In a measuring cup add Powdered/Confectioners Sugar.
- Add warm water or milk and whisk.
- Set aside.
- Drizzle Glaze all over Cinnamon Rolls.
- Lastly spinkle bacon bits on top.
- Enjoy right away!