Crunchy and Creamy Country Fried Steak
- 1 pound beef steak (such as round or chuck steak)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- Vegetable oil or butter for frying
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the steak into 4 equal portions.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper (if using).
- In another shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Heat a ceramic non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat and add enough oil or butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Dip each steak portion in the egg mixture, then coat in the flour mixture, pressing the flour mixture onto the steak to adhere.
- Place the steaks in the ceramic non-stick fry pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- For gravy: In the same pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Gradually add the beef broth, whisking constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the steaks with the gravy spooned over the top.
Here's another great Fry Pan recipe!
👉GREAT NEWS! Because you read this EaZy BrandZ Recipe you are entitled to a SPECIAL 15% Discount on any orders of $30.00+ You can use the link below or enter promo code "SAVE" at check-out https://www.eazybrandz.com/discount/SAVE