This classic dish takes on a new dimension as the velvety sauce coats the wide pasta, creating a sumptuous pairing that's both comforting and sophisticated. With a touch of paprika and the freshness of chopped parsley, this rendition promises a memorable dining experience that elegantly marries the textures and tastes of tender beef, sautéed mushrooms, and luscious pasta.
- 1 pound beef sirloin or tenderloin, thinly sliced into strips
- 8 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (cremini or button)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Cook the Pasta:
- Cook the pappardelle pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Sear the Beef:
- In a EaZy MealZ DiamoTech 9.5” Non-Stick Pan, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced beef and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
Sauté Mushrooms and Onions:
- In the same pan, add the remaining tablespoon of butter and olive oil. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent. Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic, and cook until the mushrooms are golden brown and any liquid has evaporated.
Prepare the Sauce:
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom mixture and stir to combine. Cook for a minute to cook out the raw flour taste. Gradually pour in the beef broth while stirring to create a smooth sauce. Allow the mixture to simmer and thicken.
Add Sour Cream and Mustard:
- Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the sour cream and Dijon mustard until well combined. Sprinkle in the paprika and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Combine Pasta and Beef:
- In the EaZy MealZ DiamoTech 9.5” Non-Stick Pan, gently fold in the cooked beef strips and the cooked pappardelle pasta into the sauce. Cook for an additional few minutes to heat everything through.
- Plate the Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff over the pappardelle pasta. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley for a burst of color and added freshness.
This variation of Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff combines the rich and creamy flavors of the traditional dish with the hearty texture of pappardelle pasta. Enjoy the comforting blend of tender beef, savory mushrooms, and luscious sauce in every delicious bite!