Embark on a journey of flavor with Citrusy Orange Beef, where tender slices of beef meet the zesty allure of orange zest and freshly squeezed juice. This dish dances on your palate, balancing the brightness of citrus with the savory depth of soy and hoisin sauces. Accented by the vibrant hues of red bell pepper and the subtle bite of green onions, each bite is an exploration of tastes and textures that culminates in a delightful symphony of satisfaction.
- 1/2 lb (225g) flank steak or beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the beef slices with the orange zest, orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, and brown sugar. Allow it to marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of water to create a slurry. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a DiamoTech EaZy Flip Wok over high heat. Add the marinated beef and stir-fry until it's browned and cooked to your preference. Remove the beef from the wok and set it aside.
- In the same DiamoTech EaZy Flip Wok, add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add minced garlic and ginger and stir-fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Toss in the thinly sliced red bell pepper and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until it starts to soften.
- Give the cornstarch slurry a quick stir and pour it into the wok.
- Pour the orange marinade into the wok as well.
- Let the mixture simmer and thicken for a minute or two, until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Return the cooked beef to the wok and toss everything together to coat the beef and bell pepper with the flavorful sauce.
- Add sliced green onions and toss briefly.
- Serve the Citrusy Orange Beef with Red Bell Pepper and Green Onion hot, garnished with sesame seeds if desired.
Please enjoy our delicious recipe for Air Fry Veggie Pizza, enjoy!