Layers of buttery cinnamon roll pieces soak up a luscious custard, creating a delectable fusion of flavors. As it bakes to golden perfection in the casserole pan, the aroma of cinnamon fills the air, promising a treat that's both nostalgic and irresistible. Topped with a velvety cream cheese icing, this casserole takes the classic cinnamon roll experience to a whole new level.
For the Cinnamon Rolls:
- 1 package (16 oz) refrigerated cinnamon roll dough (8 rolls)
For the Custard:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 package of icing from the cinnamon roll dough
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the package of cinnamon roll dough.
- Open the package of cinnamon roll dough and set aside the icing for later. Cut each cinnamon roll into quarters.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract to create the custard mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon to make the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Grease a EaZy MealZ Air Fry Oven Casserole Pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Arrange half of the quartered cinnamon roll pieces in a single layer at the bottom of the casserole pan.
- Pour half of the custard mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces.
- Drizzle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the custard-soaked cinnamon rolls.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining cinnamon roll pieces, custard mixture, and cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake the cinnamon roll casserole in the preheated oven according to the package instructions for the cinnamon roll dough, or until the top is golden brown and the custard is set.
- While the casserole is baking, prepare the cream cheese icing. In a bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Once the casserole is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Drizzle the cream cheese icing over the warm cinnamon roll casserole.
- Serve the cinnamon roll casserole warm, and enjoy the gooey, cinnamon-spiced goodness!
This cinnamon roll casserole is perfect for brunches, special occasions, or anytime you're craving a delightful treat. Enjoy the convenience of making cinnamon rolls in a casserole pan for a satisfying and indulgent breakfast or dessert.