A symphony of flavors unfolds as the batter sizzles on the pan, releasing an irresistible aroma. These pancakes, kissed by vanilla and buttermilk, attain a perfect balance of softness and golden crispness. Topped with a drizzle of golden maple syrup, they beckon to mornings filled with comfort and joy, inviting you to savor the simplicity of a classic breakfast favorite elevated by the addition of vibrant blueberries.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Butter or oil for cooking
- Maple syrup for serving
- Prepare Dry Ingredients:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix Wet Ingredients:
- In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Combine Wet and Dry Mixtures:
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir gently until just combined. It's okay if there are a few lumps.
- Add Blueberries:
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries into the batter, being careful not to overmix. This ensures that the blueberries don't burst and color the batter too much.
- Preheat the Pan:
- Preheat your DiamoTech Frying Pan over medium heat. You can test the readiness by sprinkling a few drops of water on the surface – if they sizzle and evaporate, the pan is ready.
- Cook the Pancakes:
- Lightly grease the DiamoTech Frying Pan with butter or oil. Using a ladle or measuring cup, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the edges look set, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and Cook:
- Carefully flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and keep them warm. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the Blueberry Pancakes warm with a pat of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup. The burst of blueberries in every bite makes these pancakes a delightful morning treat.
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding other mix-ins such as chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or even a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy your fluffy and fruity Blueberry Pancakes!