These delightfully creepy cookies are not only easy to make but also incredibly fun to create. The almond "nails" and the eerie greenish hue give these cookies an authentic witchy appearance, and the bloody red gel adds a ghoulish twist. Whip up a batch of these frighteningly tasty cookies in your air fryer and watch your Halloween guests cackle with delight as they sink their teeth into these wickedly good treats.
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Whole blanched almonds (for the "nails")
- Red gel food coloring (for the "bloody" effect)
For the Decorative Coating:
- 1 egg white (for brushing)
- Green food coloring
- A few drops of red gel food coloring (for the "bloody" effect)
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and powdered sugar until smooth and well combined. Add the egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract, and continue to mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until a smooth dough forms.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes to make it easier to work with.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (180°C).
- Divide the dough into small portions and roll each portion into a finger shape, about 3-4 inches long. Create knuckles by gently squeezing and forming the dough with your fingers. Place a blanched almond at the tip of each finger to resemble a nail. Make sure the almond is securely attached.
- Beat the egg white in a bowl and add green food coloring to create a creepy greenish skin tone. Brush the colored egg white over the fingers to give them an eerie look.
- Place the witch finger cookies in the EaZy MealZ Round Air Fry Crisper Basket in a single layer, leaving space between each one.
- Air fry the cookies at 350°F (180°C) for about 8-10 minutes or until they turn a pale golden brown.
- Once the cookies have cooled slightly, use red gel food coloring to add a "bloody" effect around the almond nail.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving.
These Witch Finger Cookies will add a spooky touch to your Halloween celebration. Enjoy!