Candied Yams made in the air fryer offer a delectable twist on a classic Thanksgiving side dish. Slices of sweet yams are bathed in a luscious glaze made with brown sugar, butter, maple syrup, and warm spices. As they air fry, the yams develop a delightful caramelized exterior and a tender, naturally sweet interior. This dish captures the essence of the holiday season, combining warm flavors and crispy textures in every bite, making it a memorable addition to your Thanksgiving feast.
- 4 medium yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes.
- Prepare the Candied Yams:
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, melted butter, maple syrup, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the yam slices to the bowl and toss them in the mixture, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Air Fry the Candied Yams:
- Lightly grease the EaZy MealZ Deep Bake Pan with cooking spray or use air fryer parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Arrange the yam slices in a single layer in the EaZy MealZ Deep Bake Pan. You may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry the yams for about 15-20 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time, or until they are tender and caramelized. Adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of your yam slices.
- Once the candied yams are done, transfer them to a serving dish, and drizzle any remaining glaze over the top.
- Garnish and Enjoy:
- You can optionally garnish with a sprinkle of additional brown sugar or a handful of marshmallows before serving for extra sweetness and flair.
These candied yams make for a delicious and sweet side dish for your Thanksgiving meal. Enjoy!