The best of both worlds.
Inspired by the popular chocolate peanut butter cups we bring together the best of both worlds in cake form.
|Cake Mix||Peanut Butter Filling|
|1 3⁄4 Cup Flour||3⁄4 Cup Butter – Softend|
|2 Cups Sugar||1⁄2 Cup Powdered Sugar (optional – add more if desired)|
|3⁄4 Cup Cocoa Powder||1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter|
|1 1⁄2 Teaspoon Baking Powder||2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract|
|1 1⁄2 Teaspoon Baking Soda||1 Cup Heavy Cream|
|1 Teaspoon Salt||Chocolate Glaze|
|1 Cup Milk||2 Cups Milk Chocolate – Melted|
|2 Eggs||1⁄2 Butter|
|1 1⁄2 Cup Vegetable Oil|
|2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract|
- In large bowl add Cake Mix.
- Mix thoroughly for about 2 minutes.
- Lightly grease cake pan or spring form pan.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Open the oberdome and set the rack to the high position.
- Place the pan on top of rack.
- Cover with lid and set temperature for 350°F.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take off like and check the center of the cake with a tooth pick. If it comes of clean remove from oberdome. If not allow to bake for another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Remove from pan and allow cake to cool on cooling rack
- Optional – If you want another cake layer repeat the process above.
- Once cake it cooled, with a serrated knife or bread knife cut the cake horizontally so you have 2 layers.
- Set aside.
Peanut Butter Filling
- In a large bowl, add butter. With a mixer mix the butter and slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Slowly add heavy cream.
- Whip until fully combined and thick and smooth (Do not over whip it, as it will break and clump up)
- With a spatula spread filling on the bottom half layer of the cake.
- Spread filling flat and place the top layer of the cake on top.
- Set aside.
Chocolate Glaze – Final Steps
- Add milk chocolate to a heat safe bowl of cup and microwave for 30 seconds, remove and mix. Repeat process until fully melted.
- Mix in butter until smooth
- While still warm, pour glaze over the cake.
- Spread evenly over the top of the cake.
- Enjoy right away or allow to cool and enjoy!