For the Spicy Rice:
- 1 cup long-grain rice (such as basmati or jasmine)
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
For the Sautéed Vegetables:
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as bell peppers, carrots, peas, and corn), chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges
- Prepare the Spicy Rice:
- Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear. In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and toast them until they sizzle and release their aroma.
- Add the rice to the EaZy MealZ Diamotech Frying Pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice grains are coated with the oil and slightly toasted.
- Stir in the ground turmeric, red pepper flakes, and salt. Pour in the water or vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, and let the rice simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Sauté the Vegetables:
- In a separate EaZy MealZ Diamotech Frying Pan , heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped mixed vegetables and sauté for about 5-7 minutes, or until they are tender yet still crisp.
- Season the vegetables with cumin powder, paprika, ground coriander, salt, and pepper. Toss the vegetables to ensure they are evenly coated with the spices.
- Combine Rice and Vegetables:
- Once the rice is cooked and the sautéed vegetables are ready, gently combine them in a large serving bowl. Mix the rice and vegetables until well incorporated.
- Your Spicy Rice and Vegetables are ready to be served. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges for an extra burst of flavor.
- Enjoy the flavorful combination of spicy rice and vibrant sautéed vegetables. This dish can be served as a main course or a hearty side dish.
Feel free to adjust the level of spiciness by modifying the amount of red pepper flakes and other spices. This recipe is versatile and can be customized based on your preferences.