Indulge in the Grilled Veggie Panini Sandwich—a hearty and flavorful delight featuring a medley of grilled vegetables, melted mozzarella, and aromatic pesto between slices of rustic bread. This satisfying sandwich offers a perfect blend of textures and tastes, making it a fantastic option for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 red onion, sliced into rounds
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into rounds
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices of rustic bread (such as ciabatta or sourdough)
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat your grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush the sliced vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables in batches until they are tender and have grill marks, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Preheat a panini press or a large skillet over medium heat.
- To assemble the panini sandwiches, spread pesto on one side of each slice of bread.
- On 4 slices of bread, layer the grilled vegetables, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves.
- Top with the remaining slices of bread, pesto side down.
- Place the sandwiches on the panini press or skillet. If using a skillet, you can press the sandwiches down with another heavy skillet or a panini press.
- Grill the panini for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove the panini sandwiches from the press or skillet and let them cool slightly before slicing.
- Slice the panini sandwiches in half and serve warm.
Enjoy this savory, crispy gooey filled veggie panini!