Make this Classic Comfort Sandwich with Less Grease 'n Guilt
Products: EaZy MealZ Bacon Cooker Collection
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 slices of bread (white, wheat, or your choice)
- 1 small ripe tomato
- 2-3 leaves of lettuce (romaine, iceberg, or your choice)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: avocado, sliced (for a BLTA)
Cook the bacon in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare the EaZy MealZ Bacon Cooker by Laying the bacon strips in a single layer across the grooves of the EaZy MealZ Bacon Cooker rack which sits ontop of bottom pan.
Toast the bread:
- Place the the EaZy MealZ Bacon Cooker tray + bottom pan into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the bacon and your desired crispiness. Check the bacon halfway through the cooking time and adjust as necessary.
- Carefully remove the bacon from the oven, using oven mitts as the tray may be hot
Prepare the vegetables:
- While the bacon is cooking, place the bread slices in a toaster or toaster oven.
- Toast the bread until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
Assemble the BLT sandwich:
- Rinse and dry the lettuce leaves.
- Slice the tomato into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- If using avocado, peel and slice it into thin pieces.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on one side of each slice of toasted bread.
- Place the lettuce leaves on one slice of bread, followed by the tomato slices. Season the tomato with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Layer the cooked bacon on top of the tomato. If adding avocado, place the slices on top of the bacon.
- Top with the second slice of bread, mayo side down.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Oven-Baked EaZy MealZ Bacon Cooker BLT Sandwich!