Prepare these delicious stuffing balls as a crispy and flavorful side dish for your Thanksgiving feast. Simply combine sautéed onions and celery with prepared stuffing, shape into balls, and air fry until golden and crispy.
- Prepare your favorite stuffing recipe, ensuring it's moist and well-cooked.
- Sauté finely chopped onion and celery in butter until soft.
- Mix the sautéed vegetables with the stuffing mixture.
- Shape the stuffing mixture into golf ball-sized balls.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the stuffing balls in the air fryer, cook until golden brown (about 10-12 minutes), and enjoy!
- 4 cups of prepared stuffing (your choice of recipe)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth (as needed for moisture)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or a small amount of oil for greasing the air fryer basket
- Prepare the Stuffing: Start by making your favorite stuffing recipe. You can use store-bought stuffing mix or prepare homemade stuffing. Ensure that the stuffing is well-cooked and moist. If it's dry, you can add a little extra broth to moisten it.
- Sauté the Vegetables: In a small pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and celery and sauté until they become soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the sautéed vegetables with the prepared stuffing. Mix well to evenly distribute the vegetables throughout the stuffing. If the mixture seems too dry, you can add a bit of chicken or vegetable broth to achieve your desired consistency.
- Shape the Stuffing Balls: Take a portion of the stuffing mixture and shape it into golf ball-sized balls. You can use your hands to form them. Ensure they are compacted and hold their shape.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes.
- Air Fry the Stuffing Balls: Lightly grease the EaZy MealZ Air Fry Crispy Basket or tray with cooking spray or a small amount of oil to prevent sticking. Place the stuffing balls in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving some space between them to allow for even cooking. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook them in batches.
- Air Fry: Cook the stuffing balls in the preheated air fryer for about 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside. You may want to flip them halfway through the cooking time for even browning.
- Serve: Once the stuffing balls are cooked to your desired level of crispiness, remove them from the air fryer and let them cool slightly before serving. Serve as a delightful side dish for your Thanksgiving feast.
Enjoy your air-fried stuffing balls!