Sink your teeth into the eerie delight of our 'Monster Munch Cookie Sandwiches.' These ghoulishly good treats combine rich, chocolatey cookies with a sweet marshmallow filling and creepy 'teeth' made from slivered almonds and mini marshmallows. They're a perfect addition to your Halloween festivities, adding a touch of spookiness to your taste buds. Get ready for a monstrously delicious experience that's sure to delight both kids and adults alike!
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the "Teeth":
- Mini marshmallows
- Slivered almonds (for the marshmallow teeth)
- Prepare the Cookie Dough:
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms. Don't overmix.
- Chill the Dough:
- Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a disk. Wrap them in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Roll and Cut the Cookies:
- Roll out one of the chilled cookie dough disks on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Use Halloween-themed cookie cutters (ghosts, bats, pumpkins, etc.) to cut out the shapes.
- Place the cookie shapes in a single layer in the preheated EaZy MealZ Air Fryer Crisper Basket, leaving a little space between them.
- Air Fry the Cookies:
- Air fry the cookies at 350°F for 5-6 minutes or until they're set and slightly crispy around the edges. Be sure to check them as cooking times may vary based on your air fryer model.
- Prepare the Filling:
- While the cookies cool, prepare the marshmallow filling. In a bowl, mix the marshmallow fluff, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Assemble the Cookie Sandwiches:
- Once the cookies have cooled, spread the marshmallow filling on the flat side of one cookie and top it with another cookie to create a sandwich.
- Add the "Teeth":
- To create the marshmallow "teeth," gently press mini marshmallows around the inside edge of one of the cookies. Place a slivered almond between each marshmallow to create the appearance of teeth.
- Enjoy Your Spooky Treat:
- Serve your Halloween cookie sandwiches with marshmallow "teeth" and enjoy the spook-tacular treat!
These cookie sandwiches are not only delicious but also a great addition to any Halloween party or spooky-themed event.